Wednesday, August 31, 2011

MN State Fair weekend

This past Saturday was Boston Scientific Day at the MN State Fair. For those of you who don't live in MN, you don't really understand what that means - the fair is a huge deal here! BSC sells tickets at a discount and gives free t-shirts to those who buy tickets so everyone can stick out at the fair. Then, if you're lucky enough to be "spotted" at the fair with your shirt on and answer trivia questions, you can win gift certficates. That is the ONLY reason I was wearing my shirt but we weren't spotted. So, the three of us looked super dorky!

Most of the food at the fair is deep-fried and comes on a stick. My favorite fair food is cheese curds - fried cheese. The big thing this year was fried cookie dough, but we didn't see the stand selling it so we missed out. I HATE two food items at the fair - the corn and turkey legs. As it turns out, both items were eaten right next to me - I was cringing! Some friends of ours joined us at the fair and we all had a great time!


In the Birthing Barn - a lamb

Newly born piglet - it was trying to stand and it was so cute! You could see it shaking from the effort!


Joel, Walt and Duane having pronto pups (basically a corn dog but made with a certain kind of batter)

I HATE those darn ears of corn! Allison and Duane enjoying their corn and me cringing!

On Sunday I dragged Duane and Olivia to the mall. Since Olivia is starting to walk around, I decided to get her some shoes for daycare. It was kind of hard for me to see her in shoes but she seems to love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment