Monday, February 20, 2012

February has been busy!

Sorry for the hiatus! The past few weeks have been crazy! The weekend of the 10th, my parents came to visit. We went out for dinner on Friday, to the Shoreview Community Center on Saturday morning for some play time, my mom and I shopping that afternoon and that night, Duane and I went to dinner while Liv spent some time with Grandpa and Grandma. Sunday was a lazy day but we all had a great time. They took all the pictures, though, so I don't have any to post...

On Monday morning, Duane and my parents left for the airport - they went back to Ferdinand and Duane went to Rose-Hulman. Wednesday morning he flew back into MSP but then sadly found out that his grandpa passed away. So, that night, he booked another flight to head back to IN. He flew out Friday night and returned late last night. Olivia and I had a girls weekend! ;)

Saturday morning, we met a friend of mine and her son at the MN Zoo. I wish I could have taken pictures but it was just too difficult trying to manage the stroller, Liv and all our stuff. We left around 11am and before I was out of the parking lot, she was alseep!


Liv and I hung out at home Saturday afternoon but around 5:30pm, I was relieved by Catie, our babysitter. We had plans to go out with some friends that night but I didn't want to cancel on them so I met them and Liv stayed at home with Catie. She loves Catie and always does well with her so we both had a nice evening!


Sunday morning was more playing and a Target run. It was beautiful here yesterday, probably around 45*, so I met the same zoo friend for a walk. Olivia and Walt (my friend's son) played on the playground and then we went back to their house for some toy time. My friend's husband is a manager in the toy's department for Target so he had all kinds of great toys for Liv and Walt to try out. They were having a blast!

She found her hats and was changing them out all morning

Living room destruction - from Saturday night into Sunday....
After my friend's house, we came home and I quickly made some spaghetti. Piggy/Olivia had about 5 servings - seriously, she was still eating while I had finished and started cleaning up the kitchen. After that meal, bathtime was required. Duane's flight arrived around 8pm, so I kept Liv awake as long as possible and then put her in the car and drove around until he was off the plane.

Today was catch-up day but we managed a quick trip to a nearby park. Thankfully, we had President's Day off so we could relax a little today.

Unloading the dishwasher - she really does help us, she likes to take each utensil out of the basket and hand it to us

just what every future nerd needs - a Rose-Hulman t-shirt!



No comments:

Post a Comment