Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The bitter cold came back - with a vengeance!

First of all, I must say that I'm very sorry for the month delay in the blog update! I have been traveling a lot for work and anytime I'm home, I'm trying to catch up on life. Since the last update, I have been to San Francisco, Detroit, Atlanta, Orlando and Dallas! I am home now for the next month or so and I'm so excited to have a breather. Thanks to the frigid temps and my schedule, our January and early February hasn't been too exciting. We've been indoors a lot and it's starting to get old....

We did have a Sunday where the temp was almost above freezing so we took advantage and got outside for a little bit to play on Liv's playground and try a little sledding.




Olivia and Duane survived without me during the weeks that I was gone. I think Olivia secretly enjoys when mom leaves town....Daddy is probably much more laid back than I am! One night Duane made a fire in our real fireplace. Sadly for him, I got back from the airport late that night and as soon as I stepped foot in the house, I could smell it. I'm not a fan of having my house smell like a campground so it'll be a while before he can do that again. Sorry, Honey!


helping shovel after yet another snowfall....
We had a visit from my Uncle Ken and Aunt Susie during the last weekend in January. They were babysitting the Farmer kids so they came over for dinner and to see our house. They gave Olivia some Frozen books and the second she opened them, she asked Susie to read. There is something about an adult sitting down with a book that immediately draws kids! I had to take a picture!



This past Saturday, Duane had to work in the morning so Liv and I stayed at home and had a leisurely morning. She had a birthday party that afternoon so she had a bath, I "blew out" her hair and polished her toenails and fingernails. She was feeling quite pretty after all the pampering! We picked up Duane and went to the birthday party. After the party we drove around hoping Liv would nap in the car but she didn't. We decided to take a chance and have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and walk around the mall. I'm glad we took the chance because it was a nice evening out and we weren't stuck in the house! We promised Liv she could ride the rides in the mall if she behaved during dinner. Her reaction to those rides was hilarious - who needs a trip to Disney when a $1-ride gets the reaction we saw?! Maybe we should rethink that trip to Disney World this spring..... ;)



We have a very exciting weekend ahead of us - Grandma and Papa Potter are coming for a visit!!! Also, please don't give up on me and this blog. I have great intentions to update it but then random things come up and keep me from the computer. Ok wait, honestly it's mostly me being lazy and watching TV! Sunday's used to be my blog day but now that Downton Abbey is back on PBS, that takes priority - sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment