With our snacks and cooler, we headed into the stadium. Olivia had just woken up so it took her some time to fully wake up and realize what was happening around her. As we walked by a face painting table, Olivia was quick to notice this....guess what we stopped to do before going to our seats?
We found our seats and thankfully they were in the shade. As soon as we sat down, Olivia said, "I'm hungry." And so it began.... She and Duane dug into the bag of peanuts we brought and she enjoyed throwing the shells on the floor. I think that was as fun as the whole game for her! She waited a few minutes and then it was time for another snack - Cracker Jack. After some Cracker Jack, she climbed onto my lap and said, "I'm still hungry. I want some ice cream." Ha! I offered up a hot dog so she and Duane went on a bathroom run and then got a hot dog. We were now going into the start of the 3rd inning!
Once the hot dog was consumed, then Liv started in on, "I want ice cream." She saw a group of young girls behind us all eating ice cream so of course she wanted some. About this time, the announcer called up the next batter, "Adam Dunn." Olivia piped up, "the game is done, Daddy?!" No, Liv, sorry, it's only the 5th inning! She sat and waited and then needed another potty break. I took her and then we picked up some ice cream. By the time the ice cream was consumed and she sat a little while longer, it was time for the 7th inning stretch. We stretched and then Duane decided we could end our baseball excursion. Liv said her favorite part of the whole game was the ice cream! :)
Duane grilled steaks, asparagus and baked potatoes and we ate on the porch. It was a really great day and we hope Olivia enjoyed herself at the game!
No comments:
Post a Comment