Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lots of things going on in St. Paul

On Friday, April 29, my mom flew in for a visit and to help Duane with Olivia while I was out of town for work. Saturday, April 30 was Duane's 30th birthday and we had a party for him. Food was catered by Famous Dave's and we had cake, too.

Grandma Potter and Olivia - with matching shirts!
The "real fun" started on Sunday, May 1 when I left for San Francisco. That morning Liv woke up with pink eye. As if that wasn't bad enough, the doctor confirmed that she still had her double ear infection! So, Duane and my mom got to deal with that while I was away. When I returned on Wednesday, her eyes still didn't look any better and pink eye is supposed to clear up within 24 hours of starting the drops. When she woke up on Thursday morning, her eyes were so swollen, she almost couldn't open them. Our doctor said we needed to take her to a pediatric eye doctor - which was a little scary to hear. The pediatric doctor confirmed it was pink eye but a strain that was immune to the drops we were currently using. Within a few hours of using the new drops, her eyes were thankfully clearing up. She was pretty pathetic looking - crusty eyes, green stuff coming out of them, etc.

She's feeling much better, though, now! Just this morning she started clapping, which was so awesome to see!

I do need to say thank you to my mom - while I was gone, she watched Liv and took care of every piece of laundry we had! When I walked in my laundry room, there were no piles of dirty clothes - everything had been washed and dried - it was a beautiful sight!!! Thanks for taking care of Liv, too, Mom, she had a lot of fun with you! She loves all of her new toys and clothes, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment