Sunday, January 29, 2012

The flu struck again....

Lucky us - Olivia came down with the stomach flu AGAIN last week Friday! One of the daycare ladies called me at my desk late in the afternoon and said Liv wasn't eating all day and had a low grade fever. So, I left work and picked her up and came home. I gave her some Motrin for the fever and about 20 minutes later, she threw up. I tried to tell myself it couldn't possibly be the flu so I gave her dinner, she played for a bit and then went to bed. Around 9pm, we heard her vomiting in the monitor. She kept getting sick until 1am - I held her until she stopped getting sick, since we knew she'd vomit and end up laying in it. All weekend she wasn't herself and didn't eat much. If she wasn't sleeping, she was crying and fussing. Needless to say, it was a L O N G weekend!

Napping with Daddy
On Monday she still wasn't back to her normal self so I stayed home from work. Tuesday I had to get back so it was back to daycare. She cried most of the day and then kept going when we got home. Each day was a little better and then when Friday rolled around, it was great! No tears during drop-off and none throughout the day. We finally had our Liv back!

We did discover new teeth on Friday night, though, which means she was dealing with that pain while trying to recover from the flu. We noticed her top two canines and one of her molars popping through. Seriously - she's been through so much in the last week!

Right now we think she's trying to recover from having been sick and not having an appetite because all weekend all she wants to do is eat! Yesterday, she gave us the sign for "eat" about every 2 hours. This morning we met some friends for brunch and she had a pancake and 2 of my turkey sausage links! Good thing I'm making homemade lasagna tonight - she always eats plenty of that! Here are a few pictures I took this morning after our brunch.


"What? I'm not supposed to be flushing the toilet?"

"Hey...who's in there...." Liv LOVES the bathroom and she's always getting into something in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment