Monday, January 16, 2012

The fun never ends here in St. Paul!

Even though we just had a really nice holiday break, I was ready for another long weekend! On Saturday, Duane brewed beer with some friends so Liv and I hung out at home.


"Hey - I'm all done!"


Going after Sadie....

Now, trying to play with Sadie...

Sadie saying - "get away from me, kid - I'm serious!"
*No child or animal was hurt during this photo; Sadie was giving a warning; Liv just looked at her and walked away. I guess they have an understanding. So far no tears or blood so I guess that's good!
After Duane came home from his man-afternoon, we ventured out into the snow and went to Whole Foods for the first time. I have to say, it wasn't as amazing as I had expected. It could just be the store we went to - it was super small and jam-packed with bearded men and sandal wearing women. (I'm exaggerating on the women comment but I saw a lot of beards on the men!) They had a nice produce section and their blueberries were huge and cheaper than Target. The best part of our trip? Punch Pizza in St. Paul! We don't get there as often as we used to but when we do get there - I practically knock down old people and children who stand in my way! Olivia loves it too - she eats her entire Bambini - that's our girl!


Sunday morning Olivia and Duane ran some errands and I flew through the house and did laundry and various other chores. Olivia napped and then we decided to torture her and ourselves by going to the Mall of America. I had some things to return that could only be returned at MOA so we sort of had to go. It was a quick trip but we stopped in the middle and Olivia experienced her first ride. Her first ride was "Blue's Skidoo" and the second was "Big Rigs!"

Waiting in line with Daddy

All fastened in and ready to roll! (Duane looked awesome on this ride, by the way!)

Before I knew Liv had extra ride tickets left, we let her run around for a few minutes to blow off steam. (She wasn't in the best mood after Blue's Skidoo ended - I think she wanted to do it again.) 



 Next up - Big Rigs! Liv loved this ride, too! It actually went a lot faster than I thought it was going to but Liv mostly loved the horns. She couldn't really reach the horn, but any time I beeped it, her smile couldn't get any bigger!

After Big Rigs we decided to leave the mall and spare ourselves a meltdown (either from Olivia or myself - I'm not a fan of the MOA). We were on a bit of a leisurely drive back home, allowing Liv to cat-nap, when I realized I missed a call from some friends of ours asking us to meet them for dinner. We were all in the vicinity so we met them for dinner at Bonfire and it was another great dinner! Their girls are so well behaved (except for the bad timing of needing to use the potty right when their parents are mid-bite) and cute that it's hard to say no. Everyone had MLK, Jr. Day off so we made plans to meet them at the Shoreview Community Center in the morning.

The pool at the SCC wasn't open until noon so we settled on the indoor playground. It's quite the playground and the girls had so much fun! The slide was a big hit for all three girls - and each of us parents had the opportunity to run around inside, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment