Sunday, August 12, 2012

Another lovely weekend

Duane and I had a great start to our weekend - a date day on White Bear Lake! Friday morning, I took Olivia into daycare and then Duane and I headed to the lake. We got on the lake around 9:30am and left at 4pm! The morning started out pretty cool, in fact, I wore a hooded sweatshirt. We actually saw a boat cruise go past us and all the people had their hoods up and a couple ladies even had on scarves! It was hilarious! Thankfully it warmed up and we both came off the lake with nice (or red in Duane's case) tans.

On Saturday morning we were supposed to meet some friends on the lake again but since our day before was so chilly, we decided to not meet on the lake. We met them at their house and walked the kids to a nearby park. Olivia and Walt had a great time! I do need to mention that as we were putting sunscreen on Liv, I noticed her left ear was draining nasty stuff: translation: ear infection (I'm not even sure what number we're on this time...5-6 since the tubes?).

First time on a teeter-totter and she loved it!

Her tough little friend with a tattoo - Walt

Running up and down a wooden ramp - a lot of fun apparently!


She kept telling me, "Mommy sit." So, I sat there with her - you do what she says.
After the park, we all walked to a neighborhood bar and had lunch. Liv and Walt played more back at their house and before we knew it, it was 1:45pm! We were about 3 minutes down the road and Olivia was fast asleep. She didn't get the kind of nap she should have taken, considering her cold and new ear infection but it was the best we could do. No rest for the weary - shortly after returning home, we had Liv in the tub and we were off to a birthday party. Olivia loves going to the Bowe's house because their girls have a ton of toys! She wasn't disappointed this time either as there was a "rollercoaster" and a pool! We didn't think she'd get in the pool but she did and loved it!





the water was SO cold


After cake and some present opening, we headed home so Liv could get to bed at a decent time. She was almost asleep when we pulled into our driveway but she was awake enough for a book before bed....not that I minded!

No matter the day of the week, or what we did the night before, Liv is usually awake by 6:30am. Today was no exception, even though I had hoped she'd sleep in on account of the ear infection. The nice thing about being awake before most people is that we have a lot of errands run before lunch. You know we did a Target run (that's a given) and then we came back home to clean up the house and get ready for the week. I had received a huge package from a co-worker and Duane decided it would be fun to make a house for Liv out of the box - he is so smart! She loves it!


I did a lot of crawling in and out of this house. She would say, "Mommy in. Mommy sit." I would and then just as I squeezed myself in, she'd say, "Mommy out."
Liv took a solid 3 1/2 hour nap today and woke up fairly happy, considering I had to wake her up! We made homemade pizza for dinner and played in her house some more. Now, Duane is reading to her (although I hear tiny little feet running above me....) and I'm about to answer a few work emails. Have a great week, Blog Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment