Friday afternoon I was talking to a coworker about the weekend and how I was hoping to get to the MN Zoo with Olivia before the cold weather came for good. About 30 minutes after that conversation, daycare was calling my work cell - never a good sign. "Olivia just woke from her afternoon nap and threw up everywhere." Awesome. I couldn't get away for a couple more hours so I had to text Duane and he left a meeting to get our little sicky. Once I was able to pack up and head out, I ran to Target for bananas, Gatorade and chicken soup. Here's the photo I received on my phone and a plea for "Mickey Mouse." (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD) Apparently kids are leaving everyday with the same symptom....thankfully she didn't get sick anymore after I got home! Duane and I did rock-paper-scissors to see who was the lucky one to clean out the chunks in her clothes - he won the coveted prize! ;)
 |
| very rare moment for these two to sit quietly! |
Saturday morning we moped around the house to be on the safe side and not have Liv throw up in Target, swim lessons, etc. After lunch I ran into work for a couple hours and returned home to Duane raking leaves and Liv watching him work. We had Potbelly for dinner and ran to Target - and that was our wild Saturday night!
Duane and I were going stir crazy so we decided to brave the Children's Museum for a couple hours this morning. It was a great time to go and most of the kids that were up at that hour were toddlers. Olivia loved it and had a little toddler moment when it was time to go. She sat down in the middle of the hallway near the door, crossed her arms and stuck out her bottom lip. (It was hilarious!) We promised her we'd come back again soon.
 |
| face painting station....first we tried it out on her hand - ok, that wasn't so bad.... |
 |
| ...then she painted on my hand....ok..... |
 |
| ....next was my face.....and then... |
 |
| she painted her own face! she could have stayed there all day but there were kids anxiously trying to get a turn so we had to move on to the next activity. |
 |
| putting on a beaver costume for the beaver hut/slide |
 |
| here she comes! |
Duane made his delicious Bavarian lentil soup for lunch and then it was time for Liv's nap. I ran some errands and Duane changed my car's oil and rotated the tires, too. (what a guy, huh?!)
Isn't it crazy that it's already November?! Have a fantastic week!
No comments:
Post a Comment