Saturday morning I took Olivia into the Target Minute Clinic because she had been complaining of an ear ache. She had been battling a cold for a couple weeks so we figured it had turned into an ear infection. Sure enough - the poor thing had a double ear infection! While Olivia napped, Duane had to run into work for a couple hours and deal with a manufacturing issue. Saturday evening we went to the Mall of America for dinner and Underwater Adventures. We had an amazing dinner at Tucci Bennuch and we all witnessed Liv eat her weight in bread and pasta! I don't think I've ever seen her eat so much. She had 2 loaves of fresh bread with pesto olive oil and cleaned up half of her order of "ba-sqetti" and a meatball. Kathy's pasta came with a fried egg, which she didn't want, so she gave it to Liv, which she ate as well. Finally, she said she was full. Umm...yah, I hope so!
After dinner, we overpaid for Underwater Adventures...it's an aquarium on the lower level of the Mall of America. It was neat to see but not entirely worth the admission fee. About halfway through the aquarium, Liv turned to me and said, "Mommy, I'm hungry." I wasn't sure that was entirely true, but I think she knew I had yogurt covered raisins in my purse. They were quickly gone.
Duane decided it was time to take Olivia into the American Girl store and lucky little Olivia walked out with a doll. Thank you again, Kathy, for buying her "Sally!" I am pretty sure Liv was totally overwhelmed and didn't even comprehend what was happening but it was fun to watch her. She also walked out with a breakfast set for her doll.
| even though it was WAY past her bedtime, she had to set up the breakfast |
We had dinner at our house and Olivia and Papa Meyer had fun telling each other they were going to eat more than the other. Olivia can eat but she'll never be able to beat Gary when it comes to that!
It was a nice visit and a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment