Saturday, November 2, 2013

Catching up with the blog

Sorry, sorry, sorry blog readers! I feel like all I do anymore is apologize for my late blog posts....you all were spoiled with weekly updates before, huh?! I think since we moved into the new house, our lives have gotten a hundred times busier. Everyone is busy, though, so I shouldn't complain. Okay, let's see where I need to catch up....

After our family fall weekend, Andrea, Ryan and Jack came for a visit. They flew in on a Friday afternoon and Duane picked them up from the airport. We had dinner at our house and then Andrea and I went to IKEA. Duane and Ryan let Liv and Jack play in our bathtub in the master bathroom. I heard it was a great time!

everyone wanted to help with dishes after dinner!
Saturday morning I had a hair appointment and then we all headed to MOA. The kids, Duane and Ryan rode the rides while the girls shopped. We had lunch together and then Duane took Olivia home so she could nap and the rest of us stayed at the mall. Duane woke Olivia up from her nap and then came and picked us up so we could have dinner and go to the children's museum. Olivia and Jack had a great time.

Sunday morning we headed to the MN Zoo. The weather was quite chilly so it was nice to come home and eat hot ham and cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. We lounged around our house the rest of the day. It was so fun to have the Kluemper's up here and we hope they had a great time in MN!

Last weekend it was Duane and Olivia on their own; I was in NY for a meeting Thursday through Sunday. I came home shortly after lunch on Sunday and I was so glad to be back home. After Olivia woke up from her nap, she and Duane were supposed to carve a pumpkin. Apparently, Olivia is quite the girl and would not help Duane because it was "very, very slimy." She choose the pile of leaves instead!



notice Duane hard at work in the background?


Monday of this past week, Olivia started at a new school. She's staying within New Horizon but just a different location. She has transitioned so well and we're very surprised that it's going so well! She hasn't' quite napped there yet but they're trying to work on that with her. (I'm getting impatient with that as it makes for unpleasant evenings at home.) I went to their Halloween parade on Thursday but felt a little sad that she couldn't be in the BSC parade. I think it's harder for me than her!

No comments:

Post a Comment