Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 2014

We had a quiet but lovely Christmas Eve in Apple Valley. This is the first time we have spent the holidays in Minnesota and as another first, we didn't have any snow on the ground! After Duane dropped off my mom at the airport, we watched "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" with Olivia. She and Duane played a little bit and then it was time for her to nap. While she napped, we prepped the house to have Jaron & Crystal over for dinner. We had a really great dinner and then we exchanged gifts and had fruit salad and Christmas cookies. Olivia was ready to go to bed and didn't look at any books before falling asleep - she wanted to make sure Santa knew she was asleep so he'd come to our house! The adults watched "Christmas Vacation" and then we all called it a night.



not sure where the baseball cap came from but she sure was snuggled close to Jaron!

Annie napping on Crystal's lap

Ornament and slippers from Jaron & Crystal
I wish I could say that Olivia had a classic reaction to Santa coming but once again, Duane and I were a little disappointed by her reaction. She liked her gifts but sadly, after she opened her presents, she said, "where are the rest of my gifts?" (Ugh, I hated to hear that!) She received lots of Frozen items, a Rapunzel doll and a jewelry box. Annie received a stuffed animal, blanket and teether toy. (see what I mean - short end of the stick!)





Elsa shoes - her favorite gift! She clacks around the house in these all day!



We watched Frozen and then Olivia took a nap. Duane and I watched our favorite holiday movie, "Love Actually." The rest of our day was very, very lazy but it was a nice, quiet Christmas!


From our family to yours, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment