Friday, January 16, 2015

Annaliese is 1 month old!

Wow - where has the time gone?! Annaliese is 1 month old already! Our little Annie is a great baby and just goes with the flow. Our days are pretty quiet but I don't mind it too much, especially since the temperatures are supposed to climb out of the arctic temps this week and then we can leave the house more. Duane takes Olivia to school in the morning while I try to quickly eat breakfast and pump before Annie wakes up. She'll nurse around 7:30am and will stay awake for a bit and then she's wiped out again....she'll nap and wake up for another round of nursing. I can usually lay her back down for another nap and then I eat lunch and read. There are some afternoons where she'll stay awake for a couple hours but some days it's just too much for her and she sleeps her day away.

Evenings are touch and go - there are a couple hours where we "fight" each other by trying to keep her awake so she'll be wiped when we want to go to bed. I'm not sure if that's the best approach as the last week she's been waking up every hour after we lay her down at 10pm; I'll usually just give in and nurse her around midnight so Duane and I can get some sleep. I might need to rethink the bedtime routine....

When Annie is awake, she likes to lay on a blanket and just look around and kick her legs in the air. She absolutely loves having a bath! She is completely quiet and very alert; she just sits there and stares at Duane while he washes her. (He handles bath time and said it's his favorite time with Annie because she loves it so much.)





Last weekend, my friend Noelle came over to take Annie's newborn pictures and some family pictures. Annie wasn't as sleepy as we would have liked but it still went well and there should be plenty of great photos! Duane remembered that the vacuum cleaner puts Annie to sleep so he turned that on and sure enough, she was out in no time!

it's hard to see, but Duane is vacuuming!

Here are some more pictures I took of Annie yesterday - she's packing on the pounds - her cheeks are awesome! I'm not sure how much she weighs because our doctor said we should avoid bringing her into the office (because of all the sicknesses going around this season) until she's 2 months old. He saw her at 2 weeks and at that time, she had already grown an inch and gained a pound! She's almost too long now for her newborn sleepers!




No comments:

Post a Comment