Sunday, May 17, 2015

March 2015 update

March was a crazy, busy month for us! I went back to work on March 5 and it's been crazy ever since that day! (hence the lack of blog updates....) I know I'm leaving out a lot of details but I'll try to recap the month....

Annie started school at New Horizon at BSC and she has been great since her first day! She had a tough time adjusting to taking a bottle but thankfully one of the teachers figured out she would tolerate Tommie Tippie bottles. Duane and I were getting nervous because I had a work trip looming!

Right around the start of March Madness, Duane had a little procedure done to ensure that we keep our family just as it is - 2 beautiful girls! The morning of his appointment, he told Olivia that when she came home that night, Daddy was going to be on the couch and couldn't pick her up for a couple days because he had a doctor's appointment. She had to know more details and was wondering if he was sick; he finally told her that "mommy and daddy are so happy with our 2 girls, we don't want any more kids." Liv's response, "yah, because that would be CRAZY!" We know Liv, we know.

Actually, that night, my mom arrived for a visit during her spring break and we had a great time, as usual! Olivia had her playing nonstop - she even told my mom, "Grandma, you play good!" Even though Duane was "recovering," he managed to watch Liv so we could get in an afternoon of shopping. I took a vacation day on the Monday of her visit and we went to the MN Zoo and had lunch at Panera.

Later that week, I took my first trip for work since Annie was born. Duane handled it all like the professional dad he is and everyone survived! I returned late Friday night and the next morning, we were all on the road headed for Hudson, WI, for our friend's baby shower. Our best friends here adopted a little boy, Cyril John (Cy), about a month after Annie was born. He's a wonderful baby and they're lucky to have him!
Crystal and Cy and me and Annie






No comments:

Post a Comment