Wednesday, March 4, 2015

F-f-f-freezing in MN (but otherwise all is well)!

 Hello Blog Readers! I know we're not the only frigid location in the US but that won't stop me from complaining! I'm hoping this is the last week of below 0* temperatures. If the forecast is correct, next Monday, we might see 50*! Oh, please, oh, please!

We have been doing well and just enjoying watching Annie getting bigger and Olivia interacting with her. Olivia is the best at getting Annie to smile and even laugh! Olivia has even started saying that only she can get Annie to smile. Annie just keeps packing on the pounds and storing the weight in her cheeks - or that's what I hear from everyone. Olivia is doing well but had a set back with her ears earlier this month. For a couple of weeks, she was constantly saying "What?" after everything we said to her. I took her into her ENT and he confirmed she still had her ear infection from late January and her ears were very clogged with fluid. She went on another antibiotic and we have another appointment for a check-up in 2 weeks. Her hearing is 100% better but we may be looking at tubes again....

Here are some random photos from things we've been doing the past few weeks.

Olivia on ice skates for the 1st time! Duane cleared off an area on the pond behind our house and she tried ice skating! She and Duane had a great time.

Annie's 1st visit to our favorite - Punch Pizza
Craft time - painting magnets (thank you again Alex & GG)

"oohhhh"

"Aren't I cute?!"

She does so much better with tummy time than Liv ever did! She's pretty strong, or at least we think she is!
Duane and Annie after brunch this past weekend. Who got her to smile like that? Olivia!

Annie and her friend, Ruby (top picture is from January, bottom picture from yesterday)

I guess I should provide an update on Duane and me, too, right? Duane's big news - he's leaving AMS and going to work for Medtronic! His last day at AMS is next Friday and then he'll have a week off; he starts at Medtronic on March 23. I am not exactly sure what he'll be doing, though....something with managing engineers - I should probably listen more closely! My big news - maternity leave ends today! I'll be working from home tomorrow and Friday and then on Monday, March 9, I will be in the office and Annie starts "school!" I'm not sure if this makes me a bad mom but I am ready to be back at work. I'm starting to become a very lazy version of myself and I don't like that. Plus, Annie will be onsite at BSC New Horizon so I'll still be seeing her 2-3 times a day to nurse her when she's hungry. She's just a 5 minute walk from my desk so it couldn't be more perfect! The only thing I'm dreading - having poor, little Annie being exposed to sick kids and hundreds of germs. It's all part of it, though, so we'll just have to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment