Saturday, May 26, 2012

She hit the jackpot!

Lately, Olivia has been taking dishtowels and covering up her babies or other random things. Then, we started noticing on her sheet from school that her favorite activity became"babies and blankets." So, we knew it was time to get her a baby doll and accessories. She totally hit the jackpot yesterday!

I picked her up from daycare and decided she and I would check out Target for some babies. While Duane was a tough mudder (haha, get it?!) and biked home from work, the girls did some shopping. I couldn't find the right kind of baby at Target but Liv quickly spotted a shopping cart. When I tried taking it from her and putting her in the cart to finish our shopping - MAJOR meltdown. So, I was that annoying lady in Target with a mini-me shopping behind me and getting in people's way. A lot of people smiled at her and got a kick out of it but there were a few people giving me the stink eye. Whatever!


It wasn't easy prying the cart out of her hands but we made it home and she was back at it. Once Duane got home, we headed out for dinner and the Toys-R-Us in the scary part of east St. Paul. BW3's sounded good and I knew there would be plenty of distractions for Liv so that's where we went. She immediately grabbed a crown and left it on for the remainder of the night.

Sucking on a lemon - seriously, she loves it and signs for more!

Coloring with Daddy
After dinner it was on to Toys-R-Us. I hate that place - it's in a trashy area and the people in there are just odd. We quickly found the doll aisle, Liv was drawn to one that happened to be on sale and then we were done! I even found a mini broom and dust pan set - we weren't sure which one made her more happy, though. Walking out of the store took a long time as she was proud of her new things!


Once we got home, she was in heaven! She was quite busy with her baby and its accessories. Obviously, the baby went to bed with her and she pretty much hasn't let it out of her sight today!


(notice the shopping cart quickly forgotten about in the background?!)

Baby must always have her hands holding on when in the stroller!




She has affectionately called her baby "Jean" we think - or it's just "MY baby!" She lets us know every time we're near her that it's "MY baby!" Okay, Liv, don't worry, I won't take the baby from you!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment