Monday, May 28, 2012

Oh the fun we had!

Okay, so I think we left you last on Saturday afternoon. We couldn't do much on Saturday because it rained ALL day but Duane was able to stock up on plants and flowers that he would later plant. For dinner, we made homemade pizza. Liv must have been hungry because she kept stealing Duane's toppings.



The weather seemed like it would cooperate when we woke up on Sunday but we decided not to get the boat out on the lake. We made a quick trip to Target so we could survive the rest of the weekend and then it was time to play outside! Olivia took Baby for more walks before lunch. Oh and sometime overnight, she decided to actually wear her sunglasses and she seriously thinks she's too cool for anyone and everyone when she's wearing them!




Liv was quickly asleep for her afternoon nap and then it was time for us to work in the yard. I really wanted to lay out but I took one for the team and helped Duane. While he planted, I cleaned up some of the yard and weeded. Before I knew it, 2 hours had passed and Olivia was up and ready to go! She truly loved her outfit (or lack there of) and I did, too, I must say! I recently discovered that Target is carrying reusable swim diapers and knew I had to give this a shot. Since we have Liv's BM routines down, I knew we'd be safe for the afternoon. It was well over 90* on Saturday and I knew she'd be wet from her pool so that's why I didn't bother with a full outfit. She was all over the place - walking and running up and down our street,  riding her 4-wheeler, "helping" Duane, visiting with neighbors - she never stopped! Needless to say, she was FILTHY by dinner time and EXHAUSTED by bedtime!


Love, love, loved my gardening gloves - everytime she saw them on me, she'd yell, "Mine!"


Taking a quick breather for some water and a Jammie Sammie

"Get out of my way."

"Seriously, I'll run you over."



This morning it was back at it with yard work. We went to get more flowers and of course, gardening gloves for a certain someone. Oh, and Duane decided yesterday that he needed to smoke a pork butt - so, while finishing up the yard work and mowing, he was busy with his smoker. Before lunch, Liv "helped" again.


all the dirt around the pot, that's Liv's! her aim is a bit off...

the mess...
So, then it was lunchtime and shortly after that, naptime! Today I was lazy and laid in the sun while Liv took her nap - it was great! Today wasn't as hot, which was kind of nice when you just lay there. Since Liv was all wet from her pool before naptime, she had another change of outfit.


Since we were going to have more than enough pork, we invited our friends, the Bowe's, over for dinner. The pork was amazing and Sarah topped it off for us with a great dessert. We all needed a little walk after our meal so we took the girls for a quick walk around the neighborhood.



I could really use another day off but I guess it's back to the real world! We hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment