Monday, January 21, 2013

Baby, it's COLD outside!

The title of this post is no exaggeration - it's currently after 1pm in the afternoon and it's -3* outside!!! Seriously, BRRR!!! We have the day off, though, so it can be as cold as it wants outside - I get to be inside my house in my sweats.

Olivia decided to practically fore go her nap at school so we decided to stay in Friday evening and manage the bear at home, meaning not have a meltdown in a restaurant somewhere. Duane picked up pizza on his way home and we had a nice evening at home.

Saturday morning Olivia and Duane both had hair appointments and I tagged along for the ride. Liv loves getting her hair cut so it's always an easy task to accomplish. After the hair appointments, we ran to Michael's for jewelry supplies and here's why: Olivia is currently obsessed with Princess Sofia; she's a new character on Disney Jr. There is a book, movie, TV shows and even a CD from the movie's songs. (Unfortunately, I used it one morning as a bribe and I suffer the consequences of listening to the same 3 songs every morning on my drive into work/school.) So, in the story, Sofia receives an amulet from her dad. The other morning I asked her if she wanted to wear her Hello Kitty necklace and she responded with, "No, I wear amulet." I couldn't help but laugh out loud - it totally caught me off guard. Duane (being the big softie/Teddy Bear of a daddy that he is) came up with the idea to make an amulet for her this weekend. Hence - the trip to Michael's.

Olivia and Duane made her amulet and I was in charge of the photos. She seemed to have fun but has since almost forgotten about the amulet, much to Duane's disappointment....





I ran some errands during Liv's nap and then it was time to get ready for the evening. We met our friends the Bodkin's for dinner and then went to the Saint Paul Train Museum. Olivia loved it and threw a bit of a meltdown when it was time to leave. She was able to say good-bye to some of the trains and had her closure that way so we could leave peacefully.


In another building, there were all kinds of models set up and kids could press all kinds of buttons


When we woke up on Sunday, the temperatures had plummeted. We braved the weather and ran to Target for our weekly restock and hurried home. Duane sold his ice-fishing house to a friend so he delivered it yesterday and had some man time. I was looking forward to putting Liv down for her nap and reading. Well, I read to her and she was in bed by 1pm and at 3pm, she was still wide awake and playing. I made the decision to just get her out of bed and brave it for the rest of the day. We baked some cookies and did other random things around the house until dinner. She was thankfully asleep by 7:30pm.


Waking up this morning it was even colder outside but what did we do?! We went right outside again! An IKEA trip was in order for a few random items and like usual, we came out with more things than we planned to buy....it's like a trip to Target. They must pump something through the air to make you feel the need to buy, buy, buy. We bought Liv's 'big girl bed' but I'm not sure when we'll put it together. We need to talk about the importance of staying in bed before taking the leap! Well, it's 2pm and Liv finally fell asleep - I was worried she's skip her nap again.

Have a great week, Blog Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment