Remember last weekend how I mentioned that Olivia came down with a cold? Well, all week that cold ran a low-grade fever for her so I spent most of the week at home with her. Friday morning we decided it was time for her to go back to school so I took her back in and happily went back into the office. Around 2:30pm, right after she woke from her nap, her teacher called and said she was running a fever of about 102*. Well, great... I took her into the doctor and sure enough, her right tube was clogged (the left one has fallen out) and infected. She started ear drops and an oral antibiotic to help unclog and clean out her ear. Thankfully, her right ear is draining all the icky stuff and her fever has disappeared!
Friday night was a quick dinner that Duane picked up on his way home from work and then it was time for Olivia to go to bed. We watched LIFE OF PI and both really enjoyed it. (It is also fairly similar to the book, which is rare.)
Saturday morning Duane and Olivia had hair appointments and I tried to clean up the house a bit. Olivia took a decent nap and while she slept, the rain stopped and the sun came out! So, we headed for the MN Zoo and couldn't have timed it better. The crowd is almost nonexistent about 2 hours before they close so we basically had the place to ourselves.
 |
| sea otters |
 |
| the Bengal tiger -we finally got to see it! |
Sunday morning was rainy but shortly after waking up, the sun popped out for a bit again. The three of us worked in the yard and then headed to the St. Paul Farmer's Market. Olivia was quickly wearing down so she and Duane went home for a nap and I did my Target run.
 |
Olivia found an enormous basket of pink flowers at the Farmer's Market that she wanted and yelled across the alley, "Daddy! I want the PINK flowers!" Well, we didn't bring enough cash with us so we convinced her to go with a
smaller, purple flower. She helped plant it when we got back home. She's quite proud of it and was worried
about it last night when it was raining. |
 |
Duane's manly purple sprinkler
(that's what happens when you ask your 2 1/2 year old daughter which color she wants!) |
 |
| Raspberry fingers after dinner |
Who else is so excited for the upcoming holiday weekend? I know I am! Even though it won't be super hot up here, I'll take anything that doesn't bring snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment