Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Sunday

I cannot believe another week has passed already! Friday I picked up Liv and we met Duane at Rosedale Mall. Duane needed to be fit for a tux so we had to go to the mall. After dinner, of course Liv was treated to a choo-choo ride. I stayed at the mall to walk around and Duane took Liv home for the night.


Saturday morning was all about errands for me and Olivia. We went to the post office, REI, Staples and Barnes & Noble. We had lunch at home and shortly after that, Olivia went down for her nap. While she napped, Duane watched football and I went tanning and had a mani/pedi. We went to Punch for dinner and made a quick trip to Trader Joe's to finish out the night.

Our fun was today - we went back to Pine Tree Apple Orchard for pumpkins. Olivia's mood swung to a more difficult temperment but we made the most of it. She was mentally finished with it when she tripped in the pumpkin patch and landed on a pumpkin....





Olivia "picked" her pumpkin

Easy ride back to the truck
after the pumpkin patch, I went in search of an apple for Liv....I put it in my pocket and had her grab it....

needless to say, she was excited and ran back to Duane!

She didn't waste much, she was down to the core by the time we were at the truck!
 After lunch at Panera, Liv took a nap and I ran to Target. We decided to let her paint her pumpkin because we were told she did not enjoy carving pumpkins at school. Ms. Heather told us she stood back and wouldn't touch anything. She LOVED painting her pumpkin and we put it on our front step.





once she ran out of room on that pumpkin, she asked for the other one; I improvised with a shoebox....



While I made my famous meatloaf (okay, just "famous" in our household) Duane decided to make a jack-o-lantern. He wisely made a "kitty" for Liv! If you don't know this about Liv, any time she's coloring, she always asks us to draw a kitty. She seemed pretty interested the whole time but especially loved when it was dark outside and she could see it all lit up.






I'm off to LA for a couple days this week so it's Olivia and Duane holding down to fort. Hopefully Liv asks about me just once... Have a lovely week, Blog Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment