Last Sunday, Olivia's school had a family outing at a local apple orchard. We went right away in the morning and had a nice time. We picked some apples, shared some apple donuts and took a wagon ride. Olivia saw some of her friends and teachers and then said she was ready to get in the car and have an apple. Yes, ma'am!
| Best way to reach the top - Daddy! |
Fast forward a week and on Friday night Jaron & Crystal came back over and had dinner at our house. Duane made carnitas and grilled some chicken for me and Liv. After dinner, we had a bonfire and made s'mores. Olivia conned Jaron into playing "pirates" for a while but once he asked her about s'mores, she was all done with playing.
Saturday morning Olivia and Duane ran some errands while I recovered at home. I had my 28-week glucose test on Friday (I passed) and I also received a booster on my t-dap vaccine. Well, when I woke up on Saturday, I felt like I had been hit by a bus! I couldn't lift my left arm, my head was pounding and I was achy all over. I remember feeling this way the last time I had that shot so I ate some breakfast, took some Tylenol and went back to bed. I woke up feeling better but not 100%. I did several loads of laundry and cleaned up the house a bit and then we all had lunch. Duane and Olivia stopped at the Apple Valley Firefighter's annual Booya (a type of soup) / fundraiser while they were out so it was Booya for lunch.
Early in the afternoon, we hit the road for Taylor's Falls to meet the Bowe family for our annual fall hike. The weather was fairly hot and the mosquitos were out in swarms but we all still had a great time! Olivia ran with Evelyn and Vivian and Duane said she told him at one point, "I sure love this hike!" We had dinner at Eichten's and everyone headed home with tired and cranky kids!
| Vivian, Evelyn and Olivia |
| the Bowe family |
| the Meyer family (yikes - look at that belly!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment